- Utilizes a top-down approach from architecture to point-of-load converters.
- No advanced knowledge of power electronics is needed.
- Focus on telecommunications.
- Includes practical examples.
- Starting from the national distribution grid, the examples follow the energy flow down to the final and most demanding processor requirement.
- Details of operation, design, and usage of each telecom power converter are covered.
This book addresses topics specific to the application of power electronics to telecom systems. It follows the power flow from national grid down to the last low-voltage high current requirement of a processor. Auxiliary equipment requirements, such as uninterruptible power supplies, storage energy systems, or charging systems, are explained, along with peculiar classification or suggestions for usage. The presentation of each telecom power system is completed with a large number of practical examples to reinforce new material.